If you’ve ever wanted to know how to look 10 years younger without the facelift then listen up.
It all starts from the inside.
I’m here to tell you, there’s no quick fix for long lasting beauty. Sure there’s some tricks but if you want to look good when you roll over for your morning kiss ya gotta go a little deeper.
Now I’ve done this a few times so if you’re going to try and tell me its ridiculous and you can’t do it, well (you may be right) but it can be done.
So you don’t start gently you just start. You give yourself a week. Everytime that little voice appears that tries to tell you you want an ice-cream or coffee you stop for a moment and ask, “Hang on who is that talking because I’ve already decided I’m gonna do this thing” and tell that voice to bugger off.
* 1 cup whole mung beans
* 1 1/2 tablespoon organic coconut oil or organic ghee (Indian clarified butter)
* 1 tsp coriander seeds
* 1/2 tsp black pepper
* 2-3 Bay leaves
* 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
* 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
* 6 cups water
* 1/2 cup fresh coriander
* 1/8 tsp each of fennel see, hing, cinnamon, cardamon
* 1 teaspoon turmeric
* 1 can of organic unsweetened whole coconut milk- optional
* 1 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
1. Soak mung beans in water overnight.
2. Rinse and cook in fresh water for about 40 minutes or until soft. Set aside
3. Warm coconut oil or ghee in a large pot. Add all the spices until fragrant. Add garlic and ginger and saute until soft.
4. Add the mung beans to the spices. Stir well to combine all the ingredients and cook for a further 5 minutes.
5. Add optional coconut milk and stir well to combine and heat through. Add salt, taste, and adjust seasonings before serving.
The first 5 days it’s mung been soup ONLY, no rice or veg.
The next 2 days you can add some vegies, no potato, stick to zucchini and pumpkin. The last 3 days you can add in a small amount of rice.
This serves to build your digestion again slowly.
Now think about this for a moment. If your body eliminates some waste or toxins, those cells are then very receptive to both nutrition and other nasties. The last thing you want to do at the end of a mini detox is eat crap because your body will soak it right up.
To take it up a notch you can cut our your cups of tea and introduce hot ginger tea. This can be sipped all day long or 30 mins before eating to activate digestion and again 30 minutes after eating so you’re not diluting your digestive juices.
I hate to be really crude but if you don’t go to the toilet every day what exactly do you think is happening to food in your digestive tract at those temperatures? That stuff needs to get out. Every day!
So how does this affect how you look? You’re processes of elimination are enhanced and accelerated. Our skin, eyes, tongue and energy shows the result of this.
If you enjoy this recipe and would like some more resources try out these sites www.amritaayurveda.com.au
Get on it. Lets do it. Let me know how you go.